ACTION TEAM MINUTES
Meeting 3: April 23, 2003
NAME OF TEAM: Funding Action Team
NAME OF PERSON TAKING MINUTES: Paula Swartzberg
THE DATE, TIME, AND LOCATION OF OUR NEXT MEETING IS:
Funding Action Team Only – May 7, 3:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m., Fernbank Science Center
THE NEXT MEETING AGENDA:
1) Give Reports on Information Gathered that were not shared at the last meeting
2) Refine Specific Results
3) Write Action Plan for each Specific Result
4) Cost Analysis
5) Plan last meeting
TEAM MEMBERS ARE TO PREPARE THE FOLLOWING FOR THE NEXT MEETING:
1. If you did not attend the last meeting, please bring your report on information gathered with copies for everyone.
2. Please come ready to break into pairs and write specific action plans.
WE NEED THE FOLLOWING MATERIALS, EQUIPMENT, ETC. FOR OUR NEXT MEETING:
MINUTES OF APRIL 23 MEETING
Attending: Paula Swartzberg (DCSS),
William M. Sudduth (DCSS/Fernbank Science Center),
O.C. Lam (CEISMC/ GA Tech),
Eric Mau (Cedar Grove Middle School)
Members shared research and information regarding the following areas: Curriculum Themes Associated with Funding), Funding Support through Public Use of Facilities, Funds Allocated/ Needed, and Informal/Formal Education at the Facilities. Members present discussed each of these areas.
We discussed the fact that at the next meeting we will write an action plan for each of our Specific Results. The following guidelines for Specific Results were reviewed.
1. They describe achievements not activities.
2. They are achievable in one year.
3. They are assignable to one person for implementation.
Specific results that we have agreed upon follow.
1. Pursue charter school status for Arabia Mountain Schools.
2. Set up special use/special purpose library or special collection within the school library with access to the public.
3. Build informal education setting that can be used for field trips, for the public, etc.
4. Develop a state-of-the-art Teacher Center to draw people from all over the region.
5. Create an Arabia School project through the Community Foundation in order to enable soliciting donations from individuals.
6. Create the site as a demonstration site in order to draw industry donations and sponsorships.
7. Set site up as revenue generator.
8. Pass policies regarding public access.
9. Pursue private and corporate foundation funding.
10. Apply for state and Federal grants.
The group set the next meeting time for May 7, from 3:00 – 5:00 p.m. at Fernbank Science Center.
Action team minutes 3